Core Values and Beliefs
These Core Values and Beliefs are a guide to our daily actions at Las Catalinas. We think this is key to our ambition of being a different and better kind of company. Our founder Charles Brewer developed these CV&Bs as he was starting MindSpring Enterprises. We’ve modified them just a bit to suit our special purpose here at Las Catalinas. Here they are. If we are not living up to them, let us know!
- We respect the individual, and believe that individuals who are treated with respect and given responsibility respond by giving their best.
- We require complete honesty and integrity in everything we do.
- We make commitments with care, and then live up to them. In all things, we do what we say we are going to do.
- Work is an important part of life, and it should be fun. Being a good business person does not mean being stuffy and boring.
- We are frugal. We guard and conserve the company’s resources with at least the same vigilance that we would use to guard and conserve our own personal resources.
- Clarity in understanding our mission, our goals and what we expect from each other is critical to our success.
- We feel a sense of urgency on any matters related to our customers. We own problems and we are always responsive. We are customer driven.
- We insist on giving our best effort in everything we undertake. Furthermore we see a huge difference between “good mistakes” and “bad mistakes”.
- We love Costa Rica and will be a positive influence in the country.
- We care about nature and will work hard to protect and enhance it.